Sessions return from September on Tuesdays 2pm-4pm at St Mary de Castro
Speaking of Homelessness is an innovative skills development project. We are empowering people who are or who have been homeless to tell their stories and record them through film. Through a series of workshops, SoundCafe’s guests are working with creative professionals to produce a film that expresses their experience of homelessness. A short advocacy video will be produced to give the project permanence and help to educate people about the wide range of experiences of homelessness in our city and county.
This project aims to:
- create a high-quality short film
- develop key skills for the future
- empower some of the most disenfranchised people of society
- enable the voices of people who are homeless to be heard
- celebrate the wealth of creative talent in our region
- challenge the stigma of homelessness
Places for guests are limited to 12 per session. Please book in advance by calling or texting 07765 438406 or leaving a message on the SoundCafe Facebook page.