What is SoundCafe?
SoundCafe provides safe creative spaces for people (our guests) who are homeless, have lived experience, at risk of homelessness or socially isolated or living in vulnerable housing in Leicester and Leicestershire, to enable them to explore their own creativity. We welcome guests of all faiths and none.
SoundCafe (SCL) aims to inspire those who are homeless or socially isolated as a consequence of their living arrangements, by providing safe creative spaces. SCL offers opportunities for guests to access services that encourage their physical, emotional and spiritual well-being. We are a diverse and inclusive community who are learning to reflect on our experiences, that through this, personal lives may be transformed and empowered.
‘Inspiration within SoundCafe
multiplies its’ Creativity and
feeds its’ Diversity, while regular
Reflection leads to the
Empowerment of both its’ guests
and of its’ volunteers.’
- provide safe creative spaces regularly for people who are homeless and socially isolated to enable them to explore their own creativity
- provide a sense of ‘belonging’
- facilitate guests in ‘finding their voice’ and ensuring that it is heard
- build, develop and sustain partnerships which enable collaboration on projects
Our new service delivery model is being delivered across three days a week, Monday – Wednesday, in the following venues:
- St Mary de Castro Church – Mondays: Choir & Cafe. Wednesdays: Creative Cafe.
- St Margaret’s Pastures Sports Centre – Tuesdays: Football Health & Well-Being